Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Capitalism, the one eyed king.

"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

-Desiderius Erasmus

Because that's what they're giving you, the one eyed king.

It's a bit of a paradox, really. If I were blind I wouldn't be watching a commercial attempting to sell me a drug that cures something called "restless leg syndrome". RLS anyone?

More bullshit from our friends at the pharmaceutical companies. Old news, but one example how pharma giants try to cash in on stupidity. I suppose if the condition was violently throwing me off the bed or causing me to kick innocent bystanders, I'd have cause for concern. But from what I read, this isn't the case.

I'm sick of advertising. Buy this, buy that, go here, go there. Gimme your money.

I have a four year old, and while the shows she watches are bearable, I can't stand the line of junk the toy companies have lined up between the shows' segments. The volume on the TV mysteriously shoots up %100 during commercials, just to be sure that mom and dad in the next room don't miss out on hearing about the shit they want me to buy my four year old--like she won't come to me anyway afterwards.

Not even Santa can keep up with their bullshit. In a hundred years, instead of a jolly fat guy sliding down your chimney, it's gonna be some fat cat CEO guy in a suit and tie.

And guess what? If you're still living in the land of the blind, you're going to be at the bottom of that chimney, hands clenched around your ankles with your bare ass in the ready position.

Say hello to the one eyed king.

No comments: